Translate

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A momentary lapse of vision


Life, I have figured you out,
but I wish I hadn't. They said you were different.
But they didn't know.
They sang paeans about your generosity,
and you betrayed them, repeatedly.
How did they not see?
They extolled your artistry,
but all you did was play whore in their time of need.
How did they not see?
You crippled them by indecision, victimizing all;
a trophy for your joy.
Yet they flock in numbers towards you.
Why do they not see?
When I asked, "Why?",
I was told "That's life".
But now I know.


***

11:47 PM. Suite No. 1 in G major, BWV 1007. Johann Sebastian Bach. This captivating brilliance is slowly consuming me. I am not going to stop it, not tonight. Music does to the soul what nothing else can do, and I am feeling the full effect of it. My slow day is coming to a rather grandiose end, dramatic if you may. 

No comments:

Post a Comment