Translate

Friday, March 9, 2012

Present, past and the present.

8:30 AM. All Is Violent, All Is Bright. Today, God is an astronaut. A cluttered mind. Twists and turns for forty-five minutes resulted in nothing but physical pain. I took a peak outside, and it was calm. Ominous. Foreboding. Eerie even. At half past eight. The sun, in act of act of cowardice, decided to stay behind the clouds. A girl in her shorts was on her morning jog. Go home my dear, you don't want to be out there, my mind wanted to warn her.

***

She wore a white shirt, his white shirt. Pink shorts to match the color of the bed sheet. The bed was unkempt; ashtray was moved out of it's customary place and placed beside her, barely holding the ash in. The room was dully lit only by the light emanated from the T.V. She was on her 7th cigarette and third glass of Whisky since she got home, nearly forty minutes ago. Browsing through the T.V channels, she found nothing that could distract her. It was too much. How could he? How could this happen?

"Julie! Julie", he called out as he entered the apartment, drenched in rain, and carrying the strong redolence of a perfume. Of a woman. He entered the room, and to his surprise, saw the room a complete mess. His eyes met with red scribblings on the wall, that were half-struck out; and blood stained broken mirror pieces on the floor. "What's going on?", he asked, heart beating fast, unable to comprehend what he had just seen. She choked, no words came out. Tears did, though. Streams of tears slid down her face and mixed with the blood stains on her face, slowly washing it away. Still no words.

He went closer to her, held her arms, tried to calm her. "I'm sorry", he said, and they both exchanged smiles. And that is the last act either of them did...

***

4 AM, and the only company I have is the tune of thudding raindrops on my roof accompanied by the cacophony of occasional thunder. You see, that's the beauty of life, Jenny.You don't have to pay for anything. An Education. I finally got around to watching it, recommended to me by a friend. I don't know why I wait to watch her recommendations.

 
My eyes are heavy. Words are struggling to escape my mouth as my mind wanders through today, tomorrow and this. Normal service then.





No comments:

Post a Comment