Translate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Catharsis

Stupefied by this glass, I write. I do so not because of need, but out of want. Ah, Want. The harbinger of all doom, you tell me. You also tell me not to tempt want. "It's 4.50 AM, silly, go to sleep!" sounds the voice in my head. Which, of course, I tend to ignore. My pride and ego are too big to listen to inner voices. Bad, very bad, I agree.  Heck, I even tend to ignore real people. Real people, breathing and all. Too much for me. Thanks, but no thanks.

So what I am doing here? At this "uncivilized hour"? The birds are starting to coo in their nests, shouldn't you be asleep? I respond, "Should you really ask me this question, my dear? After all, isn't it you who brought me my knees. This, here, is because of you. Do you not see? Or do you choose to ignore?".


***

I look out the window and see 3 stars gazing right back at me. I wonder about a lot of things. Maybe it is time to sleep after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment