Translate

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beyond the hours

        The dark night's silence is disturbed only by the rotary ceiling fan and the occasional barking of dogs. I take a quick glance out of the window, and my eyes are met by the dim glow of a street lamp. Waiting to go off almost. To escape into the surrounding darkness.

Since I wasn't doing anything productive, I let my mind wander to this. A few lines of poetry.


A smile,
immortal,
and a tear,
but few to hear.

Invisible love,
she sought.
Now and then making a fuss.
Frightened by the blades,
she accepted.

"What were they doing?",
whispered the widow.
New air caressed her face.
A spring in her step.
The smile back.

***

4.08 AM. Morning birds have announced their arrival. With amazing punctuality as usual. Time for some snacks, and then hopefully, sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment