Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Miracle in blue

When victory or defeat in sports leads to tears, you know you have been emotionally drained. Today was one such day. Since I woke up at 7.30, I had only one thought in my head: Will they or will they not?. The answer, after 9 hours of torturous wait, was one that thrust me into a state of ecstasy. Chelsea beat Barcelona. David had finally beaten Goliath. The ebb and flow of those 2 hours of football was nothing less than a roller-coaster ride.

This day will live in my memory for ages and beyond. I’ve always loved an underdog. And when the underdog is your favorite team, and has caused a great upset, the connection between you and your team evolves to something beyond mere fandom. A poignant affection, which caused you to fall in love with the club in the first place, resurfaces. It’s a glorious feeling when your emotional investment is thoroughly rewarded. Here’s hoping for many more such days!

1 comment: